What do I need to apply for a permit?
- Call to set an appointment
- Social security card
- Certified copy of your birth certificate
- Acceptable photo Identification
- Proof of school enrollment. (VOC) letter obtained at the school district office.
- Parent or guardian
- Cost of the permit is $26.50
How old do you have to be to start drivers education?
Students must be 14.5 to start drivers ed.
Who is required to take drivers education in Idaho?
Students ages 14.5 to age 17 must take an approved Idaho training course.
Can I drive with an adult before finishing drivers education?
No. The supervised driving period doesn’t begin until you have finished the course.
Who can I drive with once I finish the course.
Supervised driving must be done with a licensed driver over the age of 21.
Behind the wheel time.
Each student is required to get 6 hours of behind the wheel in the course. We accomplish that
through 6 hour long drives, three 2 hour long drives, or a combination of the two.