Permits Needed before First Day of Class
- Student & Parent/Legal Guardian need to take the following 4 items to the DMV:
- Student will need to take an original copy and state certified birth certificate. This proves a legal date of birth and a legal name. One of the parent’s names must be on the certificate.
- Student will need a Social Security Number. If the student does not have one they can call Social Security Dept. and get help. (The card itself is not needed, just the number.)
- Photo identification is necessary. This might be a library card, student body card or even a yearbook picture.
- Verification that the student is enrolled in school (Verification of Compliance). See the school counselor or go to the school’s district office to get this form.
- Your Parent/Legal Guardian must also sign the permit and will also need photo I. D. If the guardian or parent has a different last name then documents will be needed to state the relationship between student and guardian.
- There is a permit fee of $26.50 that needs to be paid to the Drivers License Division. These fees are non refundable.
- Student needs to be 14 1/2 years of age or older in order to obtain a permit
- Go to the Idaho DMV and scroll down to the Young Drivers Web Site